President & CEO
American entrepreneur, engineer and inventor. In November 2000, at the age of 31, Michael acquired his first technology company, IDS Engineering. The company
had 2 employees with a focused business model of workflow consulting services. Today he is President & CEO of Advanced Solutions, Inc., which is a privately held company he acquired in November 2004, and parent company to an aggregate
of technology businesses, including IDS Engineering. Michael’s passion is building and acquiring great technology companies, while growing market share through value innovation. He is the lead inventor for the integrated solution of
BioAssemblyBot® and TSIM™, a 6‐Axis Robotic 3D Printing System for Human Tissue
Structures. Michael has over two decades of experience leading multi-disciplined engineering, consulting and technology firms.
Education & Professional License
- 1992 ‐ Bachelor of Science in Engineering Science, University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering
- 1993 ‐ Master of Engineering with specialization in Industrial Engineering, University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering
- 2000 ‐ Professional Engineer State of Kentucky
Entrepreneurial Timeline Since 2000
- October 2016 ‐ Acquired a 30% equity stake in Angiomics, Inc.
- March 2016 ‐ Acquired Holman’s of Nevada, Inc. Autodesk Business Unit
- July 2015 ‐ New Company startup Advanced Solutions Innovation Labs, LLC
- January 2015 ‐ New Company startup Advanced Solutions Design Software, LLC
- December 2014 ‐ New Company startup Advanced Solutions Visual Collaboration Systems, LLC
- July 2014 ‐ New Company startup Advanced Solutions PLM, LLC
- April 2014 ‐ Acquired Greenleaf 3D, LLC
- March 2013 ‐ New company startup Advanced Solutions Life Sciences, LLC
- January 2012 ‐ Advanced Solutions, Inc. acquires IDS Engineering and becomes parent company for subsidiaries
- November 2007 ‐ Acquired CADRE Systems, Inc.
- June 2006 ‐ Merger of AEC CADCON, Inc.
- May 2006 ‐ Acquired CAD CAM Plus, Inc.
- February 2006 ‐ Acquired Pinnacle Services Autodesk Business Unit
- March 2005 ‐ Joint Venture Startup Xpedient, LLC
- November 2004 ‐ Acquired Advanced Solutions, Inc.
- November 2000 ‐ Acquired IDS Engineering
In The News
- This Innovative CEO Shares the Secret to Getting the Most Out of Your Time
- CNBC: This robot is learning how to print a human organ
- Will printed 3D organs be part of the future? Advanced Solutions thinks so
- Today in Bioprinting: A Dog Tests Out 3D Printed Bone Treatment for Landmine Survivors and a Bioprinter Operates on a Six-Axis Robot
- Nasdaq: The Future of Innovation
- YPO Announces The 2017 Global Innovation Award Winners
- YPO Announces 2017 Global Innovation Award Finalists
- One on One with BioAssemblyBot Inventor Michael Golway
- Louisville Company 3D Prints Biological Material
- This Louisville-made device can ‘print’ human tissue
- 3D-Printed Organs Are a Heartbeat Closer to Reality
- Michael Golway is featured in an AU 2014 video entitled “Digital to Analog: Partner Point of View”. Hear him speak about how ASI Life Sciences is using 3D printing and digital prototyping to design, concept and produce the BioAssemblyBot.
- New 3D bioprinter to reproduce human organs, change the face of healthcare: The inside story
- VIDEO: How researchers are using 3D bioprinting to make a human heart
- Inaugural YPAL event looks at how data and technology impact business
- Gaining ground: Michael Golway leads Advanced Solutions to award-winning status as Autodesk reseller
- Innovation to the Rescue
- Autodesk Global Partner Alliance Council (November 2012 ‐ Present)
- University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering Industrial Board of Advisors (May 2015 ‐ Present)
- University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering Department of Industrial Engineering Advisory Board (February 2005 ‐ Present)
- Young Presidents Organization (March 2007 ‐ Present)
- Served as Treasurer and board member in the YPO Bluegrass Chapter (2011 ‐ 2013)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (February 2000 ‐ Present)
- Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers (February 2000 ‐ Present)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (September 1988 ‐ Present)