What is plm?
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is the process of bringing products or projects to market through a series of tasks, workflows, and a collection of information.
Is your PLM process efficient?
All companies are practicing some form of PLM. Signs of an inefficient PLM process include:
- Wasting valuable time keeping up to speed on projects
- Spending effort reacting to fires instead of innovating
- Lost profits due to inaccuracies or miscommunications
Improving the PLM process positively impacts a company by removing manual, disconnected, or redundant steps during phases of product or project development. These improvements foster better innovation, higher profitability, as well as improved customer and employee satisfaction.
Accessible, Affordable and Flexible
Traditionally, only large automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing companies had access to PLM-specific enterprise systems due to the expense of the software and complicated infrastructure requirements. Now companies of all sizes can benefit from PLM.
Solutions, like Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle, unleash a breadth of powerful capabilities that help make product development processes more efficient, get products to market earlier, and empower every department to make your entire business run faster. The Autodesk platform is delivered at a lower upfront cost and includes out-of-the-box workflow applications, such as Bill of Materials Management and New Product Introduction. The system does not require installation, databases, an implementation team, or additional hardware. Its drag-and-drop, configurable interface allows for easy customization of apps, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
In industry, product lifecycle management (PLM) is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from inception, through engineering design and manufacture, to service and disposal of manufactured products. PLM integrates people, data, processes and business systems and provides a product information backbone for companies and their extended enterprise. — via Wikipedia
- Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle Brochure
- Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle Apps for Engineering
- Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle Apps for Program Management
- Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle Apps for Quality
- Autodesk® Fusion Lifecycle Apps for Supply & Procurement
- White Paper: Why the Cloud Changes Everything
- Case Study: Enhancing Product Development through Product Lifecycle Management
Get Started With PLM
Get in touch with the Advanced Solutions Product Lifecycle Management team today.Get Started